As an institution of learning and democratic living, the Fobes Memorial Library offers the use of its Historical Room, Adult Fiction Room or Adult Non-Fiction Room as a meeting place for non-library groups and individuals, with the consent of the Library Director and/or the Board of Library Trustees.
For the use of this facility for non-library gatherings, the Trustees have adopted the following policy:
- Meetings must be held during regular library hours and must end no later than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled close of library.
- A meeting date must be set 7 (seven) days in advance, made in person, by phone, or by email.
- All the information requested on the Meeting Request Form (see below) must be provided.
- The meeting must be open to the public. Reservations for the meeting must be made by an adult at least 21 years of age.
- The person requesting the meeting space must be a resident of Oakham and assume responsibility for the group. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.
- There is no charge in holding meetings at the library.
- Student-age groups must be accompanied by an adult.
- Meeting space is part of the regular functioning space of the library and will remain open to patrons who wish to access materials in this room.
- The Library Director and/or the Library Board of Trustees has the right to refuse disruptive groups use of the room or ask them to leave if they become disruptive.
- The attendance is limited to the capacity of the room/building by the safety code.
- By allowing any individual or group to meet in the library, it is to be understood that the Trustees, Library Director, or other Library Staff do not necessarily endorse or support any view or position of the meeting.
- Each group is responsible for clean-up.
ADOPTED BY THE TRUSTEES OF THE FOBES MEMORIAL LIBRARY