Computers are available only during open library hours. The library may generally impose limits, such as time limits, on the use of Library equipment. The Library reserves the right to terminate computer sessions at any time. Patrons are not allowed to eat or drink while using the computers to avoid possible spills and damage, and other messy activities should take place at an appropriate space.
Both desktop and laptop computers are available for one hour time slots. Laptops must be checked out from the circulation desk and may not be taken out of the Library. Patrons may be permitted more time at a computer if there are no other patrons waiting. Users seven (7) years and younger must be accompanied by an adult. The child may not be left alone at the computers or at the library. Parents are encouraged to supervise their children’s Internet sessions.
Use of the Internet is governed by the Appropriate Library Use Policy.
While respecting the individual’s right to privacy, Library staff reserves the right to monitor use of the internet workstations to ensure compliance with the policy. Staff may ask users to remove themselves from library equipment if the staff observes any violation of this policy.
You may not:
– Use any library workstation for illegal or criminal purpose.
– Send threatening or harassing material.
– Libel, slander or maliciously offend another.
– Attempt to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others.
– Attempt to crash, degrade performance of, or gain unauthorized access to the library’s computer systems and networks.
– Modify or damage equipment, software, or data belonging to the library or other users.
– Expose children to harmful material.
– Intentionally send, receive or display text or graphics which may reasonably be construed as obscene as defined by law.
It is the responsibility of the patron to respect copyright laws and licensing agreements and assume responsibility for payment of fees for any fee-based service.
ADOPTED BY THE TRUSTEES OF THE FOBES MEMORIAL LIBRARY